Monday, October 10, 2011

just the tip

 IT'S HAPPENING.
      I had a friend tell me once that he hated it when people would bring up the weather.  He thought it was just an obvious way for someone to say they think the conversation is boring.  I guess this is kind of true.  But if I come up to you wanting to talk about the weather up here in Logan, I am either actually freaking out or I have a legitimate question.  

       So one brisk (Logan-speak for freeze-your-butt-off-cold) Monday, my percussion lesson was cancelled due to the instructor's major flu.  So I went straight to the Dollar Tree and bought Halloween decorations.




The finishing touch to my festivities was to give my roommates diabetes.  So I went to work melting bark chocolate and messily stuffing it into my $1.00 autumnal ice tray.
  And in once last effort to get the Martha Stewart out of my system (this is figurative), I made dinner.  First, I cooked onions and the pumpkins.  Then I got confused.  Then I put it on noodles!  I call it Pumpkin Noodle Topper.  And it was actually pretty scrumptious.






October is stunning.  It feels like that one cold snap in Arizona when all the ficus trees die. Except here, everything seems livelier, crisper, blue-r.

New experiences include:
     -Marching band rehearsal in the cold rain
     -Hanging my coat on a public coat rack
    - Buying fancy gloves
     -Seeing snowy mountains out my window
  



And yes, I'm prepared for the list to get longer and scarier.  Apparently the snot in my nose will freeze right when I step outside.  Which is sort of cool…?


Oh yeah!  We went to Conference <3

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I love the food you make, Emily! Must have been really good--sure sounds tasty. :)
    And Halloween decorations for your dorm room? You're so festive, haha. I'm much too lazy to decorate.

    But, ugh, it looks like it's already getting so cold! Cambridge is very bipolar; it was so warm these last few days and today it was indeed quite chilly in the morning. Then it was warm in the afternoon--to the point where I was only wearing my t-shirt. So weird. :P

    But yay for new experiences! Let's hope the positives outweigh (or at least balance out) the negatives. :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! I seriously love this post x34239872398579857! Halloween is the greatest!

    ReplyDelete