Monday, August 1, 2011

SOAR: student orientation…aggie…reality?

I WENT ON AN AIRPLPANE ALL BY MYSELF. Luckily, both times I was able to glue my nose (figuratively) to a window, and have an empty seat between myself and a generally pleasant stranger. I also was able to indulge in one of my many OCD rituals by drinking ginger ale and gawking inwardly at the amount of tomato-juice drinkers. This practice is a pretty big staple in my life.

I'm going to ignore the fact that airplane-window-cloud pictures get old and post these:







Logan is beautiful. It was odd driving up through the welcome hills and trying to view what was once a getaway as my new home. The way perspectives shift has always been sort of fascinating to me. Growing up in a neighborhood of like floor plans, it was interesting to see which corners felt more homey, which doors seemed bigger, how long the hallways seemed. (Yes, this is how I occupied my eight-year-old mind/why nobody ever wanted to come to my sleepover parties (not that I'm bitter about it or anything (well of course I'm a little bitter (but nothing serious (I'm fine)) about the whole thing) haha…))

As the moving date looms closer, my anxiety encourages me to do more crafts and watch more Pixar movies. So I guess I've been in a sort of try-to-cover-up-the-problems high. There's been a lot of good from it though! Including the tentatively cute beginnings of a lamp shade.


No comments:

Post a Comment